Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November Epilepsy Awareness Month

November is Epilepsy Awareness month. 


This year I will be posting and blogging Rhett's story. Although Rhett's seizures are quite controlled through meds and a past neurosurgery, it's important to share what he has been through, how far he has come and how the seizures affect him even though they are not visible to your eye. An observer may not notice Rhett's seizures and they are not of the "grand mal" (old term)...generalized tonic clonic type, yet they are still important, they still cause changes and damage. My decision to share is a reminder to everyone including myself how amazing Rhett is and that Epilepsy affects people, always. We all can handle a little more compassion and awareness towards our friends living with seizures. 


So, join us for a month of celebration (yes, we have much to celebrate!), education and remembering all we've been through.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I grew up with a girl who in adulthood developed epilepsy. I am so sorry you are dealing with this! I hope they find a way to cure and wipe it out. Thanks for the comment today on my master bedroom...I wish I could go to the sale you mentioned...I am all about the junk! <3

    ReplyDelete