Thursday, October 18, 2007

The New Yoga

On Monday night while showcasing my fairshare scarf that I had recently
completed knitting with recycled Sari Silk, my neices made fun of me for knitting. Scoff, scoff, gasp..."You KNIT!?"
Me: "Yes, knitting is the new yoga" To quote the funny Crazy Aunt Purl.
Surprisingly enough, I truly enjoy knitting. Not that I'm any good at it. I'm still the garter stitch girl. Even purling is beyond me at the moment as I somehow manage to increase my stitches when attempting to purl. Knit 1, Purl 2 somehow results in double the stitches for me. My oyster is out of control!
A knitting cohort introduced me to this book recently. The projects are quick, easy and funky. Perfect for me!
So watch out sassy neices, because I think you're ALL receiving the pom-pom boa for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I was at an event a couple of weeks ago advertising my various projects and the most interesting thing was the number of kids who came up and wanted me to teach them how to knit. The best was an 8 year old boy who figured it out so fast and his 6 year old twin brothers who tried so hard and just couldn't get it. But the perserverance I was very impressed.I love the knitting. I don't know why and I also love the small projects... what a great book.

    ReplyDelete