Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Owl's Nest

This household misses a sweet, long, uninterrupted sleep. We are all deprived to some degree and some more than others. Definately the mother's more than others. Between coughing, crying, demands to open the dairy bar, more coughing, bad dreams, and shoving Fisherman's Friends into my favorite husband's mouth while he is sleeping/coughing I am in need of a good night's sleep. It cures everything, and would most certainly help my attitude, patience level and interest in the world around me. My family would thank me. What I would give to check into a hotel alone for a weekend of sleep.
This lack of sweet sleep all started with the cold season here at the H house. However, W has learned some bad habits throughout this. He used to be the best sleeper ever! Bedtime never included a fuss but now he's used to getting up after being put to bed and will try anything to do so. His latest is a request for "Piece of toast?" Today at nap time I hadn't even layed him in his crib yet and those three words were across his lips. Nice try little one one! He's also started requesting the other parent. B tucks him in and he asks for Momma, I "tuck his toes" and he asks for Daddy as "Daddy's home!" Well, Daddy may be home, but the toaster is broken and we're fresh out of bread. Now, where are the Fisherman's friends?

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet sweet sleep how I miss thee too!
    Why is it that the little ones fight the sleep? It is soo so sweet.
    I hear your pain. And I request my own piece of toast. If I can't sleep, I may as well eat!
    Maybe I'll be less grumpy.

    ReplyDelete