Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fish...Eat the Meat, Leave the Bones


First off...let me just begin by again commenting on how blessed I am to have a fella who will happily stay home with our little guy so that I can get out of the house for an hour or two sans enfant. I'm so very, very grateful.
Tonight a dear friend and I went to church. (Now, religious I am not...spiritual? Yes, I like to think of myself as spiritual...which in itself means different things for differnt people. However, tonight put a whole new spin on "spiritual" for me) We attended the Calgary First Spiritualist Church. For the most part it was fine, interesting, a small congregation of older attendees (surprising really...I expected young, granola-free-spirited folks...a good lesson on why not to pre-judge...) then 3/4s of the way through the evening the message and evening really took a 360 degree turn in spirit.
A Medium delivered messages to random individuals in the audience, one of which was my friend. The medium's message was so accurate and applicable that it was all I could do not to sit there with my mouth gaping open and drool forming on my chin! Talk about a different, surprising and enlightening way to spend the traditional sabbath. Will I become a card carrying member? Probably not but it was enjoyable and created a wave of new thought for me ...even if just for tonight.
We are all entitled to freedom of religious expression and there are those who will think this church's indoctrinations are blasphemy and to those I might suggest, "It's like fish....eat the meat, leave the bones".

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun!

    I think Freedom to Choose is a beautiful thing. It's tragic it's not more widely accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya sista! Plus sometimes just the option to explore makes your original faith or choice much more attractive.

    ReplyDelete