Monday, August 28, 2006

Laundry Lessons

Okay, so I procrastinate about putting away clean laundry (much to my fella's chagrin). I would like a "folder"; someone to fold and put away the laundry. The washing & drying are just fine.
This morning my little guy and I were putting away a rather large pile of clothes. After so much wandering about the bedroom, chewing on pieces of bark from the plant pot, and playing with the door stop in the closet, lg was bored. So up onto the bed he went to play with a few toys & clothes hangers (oh so fun!). lg was sitting right in front of me but in a few quick seconds he had taken a hanger and bolted for the opposite side of the bed. Yikes! My commands to STOP went unheaded and as I too bolted for the other side he ran right off the edge of the bed. Ugh! As he fell onto his little bottom the tears started and surprisingly enough I was able to keep mine in check. Seeing his little Winnie the Pooh clad body fall over the edge made my stomach sink. Any fall is bad enough but our bed is rather large & tall. (It reminds me of the Kentucky style furniture found at my Aunt Sis'.) Thankfully lg seems fine, but we are still off to see Dr.Hort http://www.drformoms.com to ensure all is well with his back.
So, it's a "bad-mother-morning" in which I learned a thing or two:
1) Do the laundry all at once when the little guy is not about.
2) Keep him OFF the bed (which I knew already but didn't listen to me!)

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about it. There are many bumps and bruised to come! The Bee hit his head on the fireplace mantel again yesterday. Luckily it didn't hardly break the skin, but what a huge goose-egg on his wee noggin'! I'm so relieved it did not require a trip to the ER or more head glue. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's that Arnicha again?
    Poor Bee! Yay for no trip to emerg.
    It's just never ending is it? He stuck his fingers in the wheel of his wagon while it was moving later that day too. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete