Friday, November 2, 2007

Are you Blue?


Forget green, we're going blue!

Recycling is the bain of me & FH's existance. We do not have a good system in place and it seems to pile up (in the kitchen) before making it to the recycle box out doors, then it's up to FH to organize and deliver all the goods to the recycle bins at our local grocers. Of course, they don't accept nearly enough product, ie: plastics. I believe in recycling, but I hate doing it. Until now! We're joining Recycle Blue Inc. For as little as $11.48 per month they will come to our door weekly and pick up our recyclables, a much larger selection than we can deliver to the City's bins. I'm so excited! It'll be easier for FH as there is no delivery on his part and now it's a weekly pick up which means we shouldn't collect nearly as much. Wuhoo!

One little effort in reducing our footprint on the planet. Now if only there was a diaper duty besides cloth.....

Then there's the subject of composting. I know we should. But we don't. And I don't want to. It grosses me out, besides I don't have a garden where would I put it plus I have this idea that it will increase rodents in our yard. We already have a resident mouse on our deck who visits W and I during breakfast every morning. You know, I would much rather have a garburator than compost. There's my next project/wish list....install garburator.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    I love our garborator. (but I can't spell it)
    And I hate recycling too. You are a very good example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be blue. I would recycle more but the tinny place I live in is easily overrun and then i go crazy. The trick with composting is to have dirt to cover your veggie scraps otherwise you will get mice. They are a mennace. We haven't had them for a year and all of a sudden I hear them in the walls again. I so want to move.

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be blue. As it is my laundry room is overflowing with stuff. How do we possibly use all this stuff that this stuff packaged?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding...waaay too much stuff. I have this desire to purge our stuff, become clutter free.
    We had our first recycling pick up yesterday and it thrilled me. Oh the things that make me happy these days are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete