Thursday, November 8, 2007

Let there be health! Oh & sleep too!!

So after weeks of mucous and coughing and little sleep for all things seem to be settling down in the RWB household. Baby R is absolutely healthy except for the minor problem of blocked tear ducts. Today he had his 5 month appt (a little late) and our babe is slowing down on the growth charts; at 22.5 lbs & 28 in tall. It amazes me that at 5 months old he's the same size W was at a year old. And we're to start solids in a few weeks. Like really, does he need them? It just sounds like one more chore to me. Oh well. Now that he's approaching 6 months it's time to address sleep. R loves to be rocked to sleep, sleep in your arms awhile before hitting his own bed and he does not sleep through the night. Once in a while he treats me to an all-nighter but usually he's up once to feed. Given that he's the size of a 1yr old, I really think he can make it through without a top up...soooo...Sunday may be the day that I "train" him to sleep without rocking and to sleep through the night. Yes, this is all for my benefit and the thought of getting there gives me hives, but once we're there...WUHOO!
Our boy W is on the mend as well.No more green goopy nose, no more coughing, no more waking in the night for a "piece of toast", no more antibiotics....Yay!! He's funny these days...last night at dinner he called me a turkey. "Turkey Mommy!" ha ha ha.
And me...I am mending too. Thank goodness. It's amazing what this motherhood business will call you to ignore and just persevere through. After my second chest xray this week, it seems that I may have had pneumonia...which is what my right lung is telling the Doc. Pneumonia...must have been the Walking Pneumonia, the Caring for Children Cannot Rest Pneumonia. No wonder I felt like such crap, but did I take a day off? Did I lie down in my bed and die like I so wanted to on many occasions? Nope. Just mothered through it. Not sure how I feel about that. Kind of superheroish in a stupid and hopeful I'll listen to my body & that it'll never happen again kind of way.
It's onwards and upwards now. Onwards to good health and good sleep. My wishes for you all too....good health and good sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Yiiiiikes...sounds like it's been a bit hellish over there. It's hard when you're the mom and you don't really have the opportunity to stop and rest when you need to. But if we don't take care of ourselves, who will? We just need to be cloned!

    I'm glad you're starting to feel better. And your littles. And your not so little cutie!
    (they're all going to be teenagers before we see each other again)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The superhero strength of Moms! You know how we make sure to reward our kids when they achieve... well I think you should do something to reward yourself!.

    ReplyDelete