Friday, November 23, 2007

The Boys




W hit the 27 month mark earlier this month and R is now 6 months. Amazing. It's all happening so quickly!

W continues to surprise us with the busyness of his character. He is always on the go! Recently he saw part of a football game on TV so now he plays football. Which includes running around the house and then dropping to the floor as he is "tackle!". He also plays hockey which is a "shoots scores! oh no tripping!" scenario. He drops to the ground in a hurry immediately after shooting the puck. Then there's his figure skating moves which are too cute. I think we may have the beginnings of an athlete on our hands. ~ Hopefully the illnesses of this fall are far behind us so that W will have good health. What a trooper! He never complained once...but then again he is only 2yrs. ~ The art of communication continues to explode. Yesterday he walked by the baby who was adorned in a winter hat, jester style, to which W stated, "Nice hat. Funny hat!" He also will tell me "One time" with his little index finger held up beside his face when he is trying to convince me that it's okay for him to do this, whatever this may be at that moment. "Whoopies" for Ooopsy. He calls me "Hunny Bunny...Good night Hunny Bunny" and talks out loud about his thoughts, which are too cute & funny, ie "Anum pick nose" about his little friend.~ The latest and greatest though is the refusal to remain in bed. This is the current bane of my existence. Gone are the toys & furniture from his room, the gro-bag is now extinct and so is my patience at times. I long for the days of easy-to-bed. I was so spoiled! So, this Sunday W graduates to a toddler bed. Another stage, more proof that my little man is growing up.

R continues to be the sweetest, most content little fella. He's just a happy, easy doll. Which scares me as I think he's pointedly conserving energy until he's a toddler! R's face lights up when he smiles and it's quite easy to obtain a smile. He loves being talked to, smiled at and held high above your head...that even brings a giggle. R is on the move as he rolls about and grabs anything of interest. Now that he's 6 mths we'll be attempting solid food which he seems quite interested in. He's a fairly good sleeper. There are nights that he sleeps through and then others when he's up once for a feed or decides that 4am is the start of the day. Ugh! ~ At the 6mth immunization appt he was such a trooper as he didn't cry for the first needle, and quickly stopped crying after #2 & #3 ...just as soon as I held him against my shoulder for a snuggle. My little toughie. The growth spurts continue....just 22.5 lbs & 29 inches tall. I look at the size 18 month clothes that he's wearing and think, "These CAN'T fit, they're so big". They do though as he's quickly growing and changing which makes me wish that I could place a pause in time so that my littlest man doesn't move onwards so quickly. *Sigh* The perils of motherhood. Don't blink.

2 comments:

  1. I love that he calls you Hunny Bunny. How sweet!

    Is R really fitting into 18 mo size??! He is going to catch up with W! He's such a cozy cuddly boy.
    We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really, really is wearing 18 mths. In fact the sleeper he has on tonight is 24 months (a little too long) and W wore it last Christmas. It's crazy! I hope he slows down....I feel like babyhood is flying by too fast.

    ReplyDelete