Saturday, September 27, 2008

Slummy vs. Yummy

Yummy Mommy.
Slummy Mummy.
Mother Warrior.
(This is another post)
Earth Mother.
Birth Mother.

All these mother terms and titles in this new era of motherhood.
Where do you fit?

I have decided that I, Mrs. 3 is Perfect/Mrs. RWB/Mrs. M (maybe it should be the MPD Mommy?) am of the Slummy Mummy variety. Admittance. Is this the first step to recovery?
Hello, my name is Mrs. M and I am a Slummy Mummy.
I am chagrinned to admit that I let my oldest son go bottom-less often as we are in the toilet training stage. In fact, one evening at dinner we ate a gourmet canned ravioli dinner (another confession), while watching the children's TV station Tree House (confession #2) at the island, with oldest son wearing his birthday suit, naked as the day he was born(confession #3). My favorite husband was working late so no airs were required.
There are moments throughout the day when the baby boy eats "leftovers" from the floor or highchair which I haven't swept up yet. Nothing like a cheerio or star from the floor to demonstrate good nutrition and parenting!
Rum. I talk about rum alot. Really, it's not consumed as much as I portray. Although there are days I would like it to be. Parrot Bay coconut rum is my friend, when combined with gingerale. Rum is good for so many purposes. Such as a substitution for vanilla. My 3-Doors-Down friend's mom gave me this suggestion and now I use it all the time. My sister thinks I would even substistute it for rice milk in the babe's bottle...now THAT's going a little too far!
Attire and appearance. I am not the skinny, yummy mommy who looks like she just stepped out of a salon and Glamour mag. I'm more the hair up, disheveled, chubby momma who looks like she just fell out of the Sears Outlet store....on a good day.
Confession is over. The truth is out. Although, I'm sure you were never fooled, just humoring me. Thanks for that.:)

4 comments:

  1. Well...at least you're in good company! *wink* Slummy Mummy is my middle name...

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm grumpy mummy...and potty training, anything goes!
    Pass the rum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.
    another mom and I had a brief exchange about spending the day in our pajamas. and she encouraged her kids to do the same. saves on laundry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...love the environmental factor to pajama days. Brilliant!:)

    ReplyDelete