Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vision Clinic

It's truly amazing the techniques that are used with little people. Cause really, who ever thought you could check the eyes/vision of a 16mth old? R did great, responded quickly and well, althought the drops to dilate his pupils were not his favorite thing. Which I knew would be traumatic as I've tried to administer eye drops before and lets just say, he was NOT IMPRESSED! All in all he was a star today.
The result is that he has a small tumor/lesion in his right eye, close to the center, that is NOT interfering with his vision. So, we'll check again in 6 months to follow up and make sure it hasn't changed and that his vision is still good.
You know, with all this TSC business, one would think that hearing more news is just another day, just part of things, but it isn't. Every time we learn that there are more features showing up on R it is heart wrenching. Ours stomachs sink and hearts ache. Makes us sad. And we just keep moving on because that's all a person can do.
The highlight of our morning at the Vision Clinic was the sweetest little 3yr old girl with long white blonde hair, partially up in a fall, living with downs syndrome, very friendly and signing with me and R. I could have taken her home with us! She was just too cute! And R was sweet with her. It's always touching to watch your children making friends, even if they are just crossing our path for a short moment.

1 comment:

  1. It's true I'm afraid. Sad news never gets easier on the heart. Who knew unconditional love could hurt so much? But...I'm learning the sad doesn't stick around as long these days. Somehow it gets easier to settle into surrender? Maybe I'm just more in love with him & who he's becoming? Or maybe that's just my meds talking! *smile*
    Hug your little monkey for me!

    and btw...I'd love to chat via email... tanzie213@yahoo.com Not to put you on the spot! *wink*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete