Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book 3, Chapter 7


A new chapter. A fresh start. New beginnings.
It's Book 3, Chapter 7 of my life story.
Happy 37th Birthday to me!

It's an interesting feeling surrounding this birthday. Other years I have enjoyed celebrating with friends and family, publicly if you will, yet this birthday felt more private to me, more personal. So here I am blogging about it! That's private & personal, don't ya think?! Anyway....my sweet husband had plans to invite friends over for cake, and when I found out I asked if we could skip that. Just an immediate family celebration please...and no cake, no not even a giant cinnamon bun, thanks anyway. Not that I wanted to skip the whole birthday business, I just wanted it to be quiet and introspective.

As this year, feels like a new chapter to me. A chapter of new, improved health. One of looking inwards and seeing results on the outside. Moving forwards in a healthier, happier, not so whiny way. Let's hope I can keep the momentum up for more than a day!

So, to celebrate my sister and I went out for our traditional birthday breakfast. That's what we do. A three hour breakfast sans enfants! Now, that's a treat. Then it was home to lunch, an In-Home Parent Educator visit, naps...and oh yes, we all napped....then off to dinner with Favorite Husband...again without the children. Can a day be any more gifted than this?
Oh yes, as in the garage waiting for me is a shiny....new .... red....cruisin'....bike (no not a corvette!). A retro style of bike with a seat built for ladies' bottom, tall handle bars, and all. No white walls though*sigh*.

Can't you just see me gliding along with gerbera daisies in the basket and a bottle of something refreshing? It'll be so fun! Hopefully soon there will be a chariot to bring the Littles along too.

So, here it is the beginning of B3C7. I look forward to a year of positive change and all the rewards that come with it.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you - cha cha cha -
    Happy Birthday to you - cha cha cha -
    Happy Birthday favourite friendly neighbour - cha cha cha -
    Happy Birthday to you - cha cha cha -

    See? I read and I listen. You wanted a quiet birthday so I just typed out my birthday song versus showing up on your doorstep and singing it loud and clear for all the neighbours to hear.

    I must say I'm digging your new wheels! I think if I had a bike that was actually comfy to ride versus the pain I experience from my teeny tiny seat I have now then I would probably use it more!

    Have a wonderful birthday year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday.
    Sorry I missed your special day. We will do it up better another day, when both of us have more time in our lives. Maybe when you are 50 and I am 73!
    From the mom who raised two wonderful & rowdy boys I have to say you are tops to me for being the best mom ever. Love you lots sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! when do you want to go biking together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday my sweet friend!!
    It's funny what birthday's can do to us sometimes. Sounds like a great day. I think I'll ask for a nap for my birthday!
    Can't wait to see your new ride ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man...now I want a sister. Birthday breakfasts sound fab!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete