Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pregnant on the Outside

Being pregnant brought once in a lifetime exeriences. I loved feeling the baby move. Did W ever move! I recall my brother-in-law and I watching TV one evening and he could see my whole stomach shift from across the room. Baby H was executing Eskimo Rolls, I'm sure. Just practicing for when he was out and old enough to Kayak on his own.
After having the babies I missed feeling the movement. However, lately I've been feeling it on the outside. I feel pregnant on the outside! How? Well, just sleep with a 2 yr old or a 3yr old and it all returns in a hurry. Little size 9 or 12 feet poking into your stomach as you slumber....over and over again. Why do they insist on sleeping sideways in the bed? Why do they insist on sleeping in our bed?! It's been one of those weeks, where a young son is up with bad dreams or a sore chin from a painful fall or just wants to be near his parents. Of course, this is all because we had such a great experience sleeping as a family in one room while on holiday. They loved it. Oh, I hope it ends soon, because I am exhausted! Not to mention the bruises from little feet!
In a recent post, I discussed W's love for his bean bag chair which he was sleeping in on his race car bed.
Well, it's gone one step further. He's cozy, snug and naked (uh, pyjamas are an absolute no-go for this little man lately.) in his "bean bag bed" within a 3man tent....when he's not traipsing into our room at 3am. It's a great spot for quiet time and sleep.
Now I just need to convince him it's the place to go when he doesn't want his sweet brother about...rather than complaining loudly that Bup is in the same room as him. (Poor Bup!)
Go to your tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment