Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First Days

School has arrived. After many sleepless nights and negotiations and back & forth decisions, we eventually decided upon a private school for W that specializes in teaching children with "special needs". All kinds of needs.
I shed many tears and doubted our decision right up until day 1. Then I let out a huge sigh of relief and maybe an inner cheer!
W is so happy there! HAPPY!!!
Scared on the first day.





He's a different kid.. He sings, he tells people school is awesome, he is nice to his brother, he does NOT want me to volunteer (& last yr he wanted me there all the time!!), he has been placed in advanced math and reading (ummm....grade 5 literacy. Freaks me out!) We have our W back.
The teacher "gets" him!
Hallelujah!!!!








Little man number 2, R, finally began Kindergarten today!
After a school turned us away ( maybe because they couldn't handle a fifth child with SN in the class of 19????) Then our district school didn't want him to start yet because we do not move until Oct 23.
But low & behold!
RDL hired an EA for my boy and he started today and he too was HAPPY!!!!
Woohoo!!!!
That is what I call First Days' S-U-C-C-E-S-S.
First Day of Kinder!
First missing tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment