Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Love Languages

I have always wanted to be fluent in a language other than English, but have never put the effort in. Even while taking French in college the effort was less than stellar. Although, I did get by on my own (barely) in Strasbourg France (where Marie Antoinette entered France and was attired in order to be presented to her suitor Dauphin- Louis Auguste) during a day trip. Okay, a bunch of winos sat on the church steps with me while I ate my lunch only to tease me and laugh because my gassy water fizzed all over the place. At least it was water in my bag and not wine! Although....wine may have been tastier.
Anyway, at this point in my life, it is not feasible for me to become fluent in Spanish or French or Russian so I'll focus on a Love Language. The minister who married B & I introduced us to this concept. It's really quite interesting. If you get the opportunity to read this book, it's worthwile. There's even a love languages for kids, which my sister has read and can certainly see how her children fit into the categories. Understanding what a person's needs are and how to meet them makes life so much easier. So, I am not professing to be perfect at this. Believe me! Sometimes I am stopped in awe that my husband really does like me and chooses to live with me. (Miracles do happen!) Now, Toward a Growing Marriage has caught my attention. This doesn't mean our marriage is bad (quite the opposite) but I do want to ensure it stays healthy and good, so it can't hurt to do a little reading. Plus, I shouldn't bank on this goodness just because my favorite husband is a saint and turns a blind eye to my wacky ways....someday he may just realize what he's gotten himself into. So, here I Grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment