Wednesday, December 6, 2006

This Week So Far...

It's Wednesday already...yay. Funny...how even though I don't work out of the home I still look forward to the weekends. Probably because my favorite husband doesn't have to work and we are home together as a family.
Our little W is still one cute ball of mucous. This is going on three weeks! Plus he now seems to have excema. So, I'm considering the fact that there is a milk allergy at work here. His skin has always been so perfect & neither parents have excema. Milk is a definite culprit for this skin condition and then there's the never ending mucous and rattle in his chest. So, yesterday was his first day on Soy Milk in an attempt to rid him of dripping and drying up. Let's hope this works!
It's also been restablished for us that W is a boy of routine. He thrives on routine and if his schedule gets off balance...."oh-oh"! Monday & yesterday he had a late morning nap and therefore would NOT go down for an afternoon nap. I tried and tried only to gain a result of very loud protests and tears for over an hour. His...not mine. Although the thought may have crossed my desperate mind. So, lesson learned by me and therefore today is routine day...getting back to his regular nap schedule.
Last night the community choir I belong to performed at the Father Lacombe Care Centre. It's always nice to bring some Christmas cheer to seniors who aren't able to get out much, but let me tell you the whole choir was ready to faint mid-song. The temperature was stifling! The poor fellow beside me was literally dripping throughout the 45 min program. Then there's me in "my condition" (I think it's hilarious when people say this to me ..."condition"...) feeling faint as well. If that wasn't distracting enough, there were dogs & cats with the Pals Program about, seniors singing "la la la" loud, proud and off key, plus one poor Resident missed her walker and ended up on the floor with a bang. Not a stellar event....well, I know I was overbaked and distracted to say the very least. This Sat at Heritage Park should be better. At least the temp will be.
Dr. Who, Where, When, What??!! Oh, I have been cursing the health care system and desperately searching for a new and appropriate maternity doctor. Last week there was a day of tears and probably curses too, but yesterday luck shone on me! The Dr I have been wanting and trying to see called to book an appointment. Yay! She comes highly recommended by our doula. I am so excited and grateful that this has worked in my favor.
And now I will stop boring you with all of this and make the most of what is left of my quiet time as our little bubby naps the morning away. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding a doctor. Are you having a doula again?

    When are you singing at Heritage Park? Your story makes me laugh...!

    We just got your Christmas Card. It's awesome. Beautiful family photo =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Mittens!
    Doula...yes
    Heritage Park...this Sat
    Photo...Fairytale Photog...thanks to you!

    Can't wait to see your xmas photo/card.

    ReplyDelete