Monday, January 15, 2007

Buffalo Swiss Steak is Shipwrecked


Steak is not my favorite food. In all truth, I could happily leave it rather than take it. However, we had this modest bison steak to consume as my little mom blessed us with 50 lbs of Bison. So, I decided to "Swiss Steak" it, in the crock pot....not the best decision ever. It was OK....very similiar to an over-done roast (reminiscent of my mother's era when it comes to cooking roast), so after perusing cookbooks the left-overs became a "Shipwreck" Casserole, thanks to the down home recipes found in a 4H Favorites Cookbook.
Hmmm...4H was an organization that as a rural Albertan I did not belong too, although many of my school friends did, including my favorite husband (Grand Champion winner!), yet somehow I have managed to collect ALL their cookbooks. Thanks Mom!

Oh, please, let this be the last bison steak in our deep freeze! Acutally, I think there's one remaining....hopefully there will not be a future entry detailing how I "butchered" the bison.

No comments:

Post a Comment