Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Full Moon Freak Out

As per the calendar tonight is a full moon. Have you heard the "wives tales" of how people and animals go a little wonky during a full moon? Oh, let me testify that these are not tales but oh so true. After working in health care there is nothing that can dispute my conviction about this. Once upon a time I worked in a long term care centre. During one particular full moon a Resident was wheeling in circles whining over and over..."I don't know who I am or where I'm at, I don't know who I am or where I'm at..." to which another equally confused Resident patted the lady burning doughnuts in her wheelchair on the arm and compassionately stated, "That's nice Dear!"
Now, there are more tales to be told, but I shall hold my tongue (or in this case my fingers).
My query tonight is this, if a full moon brings out the craziness in people, why is it that tonight I feel more normal and sane than I have in days?

1 comment: