Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Conundrum

Recently a surprising and lovely little business proposition came my way...a half time, short term, HR position. How flattering to be wanted and that my skills haven't been forgotten and left a lasting positive impression!
So...now... what's my decision?
It was definately a difficult one and every possible scenario has been playing through my mind. To use my HR skills again would be fun, especially knowing it's only until mid April. Plus being around adults on a daily basis would be a treat and this would also serve to remind me why I choose to be a stay-at-home parent.
Next the question is how do I leave W on a daily basis, where would he go, how would I find quality care, what kind of impact would this have on him especially with a sibling to arrive within a month of ending the term position and where would I find the energy to work out of the home, work in the home with my toddler-boss and of course, adapt to all the changes of the last trimester.

Seaching for a day home in the area proved fruitless....most are full, the homes with vacancies are wanting older children (3 yrs & up)....so the decision is made for me. That's the easy way out because as enjoyable and fun as it would be to work elsewhere for the next couple of months, the thought of upsetting W's life (especially with a bigger change coming in the spring) really tore at my heart strings. It just didn't feel right.
Maybe I'm overreacting. Other parents take on much larger commitments. However, whether right or wrong, at this moment, remaining a full time stay at home parent feels like the best choice for us.

1 comment:

  1. I think the 'right' decision is whatever you feel good about. So you must have made the right one!
    It's nice to know you have options though...

    ReplyDelete