Monday, February 4, 2008

Pie

Pie seems to be an American thing. (Puh-ii. Say it with a southern accent.) We Canadians are not the conoseurs of pie that our southern relatives are. Yesterday, I can across this recipe which was shared with me by my little Aunt Sis. My Grand Aunt Sis of Kentucky. She was an amazing lady and one day I'll write a tribute here for her as she is well worth knowing.
Until then, here's one of her pie recipes that is super easy and just as tasty. The name has always cracked me up though. Is Japan that land of raisins and coconuts? I do not know, but if this pie is indicitive of anything, then maybe so.
Japanese Pie
1 unbaked pie crust
1 stick of oleo melted (1/4 cup melted butter)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
Tbspn vinegar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans are awesome but any will do)
Mix well. Bake 40 minutes at 325.

This was our desert last night. The friends who were over for dinner asked for seconds and where I bought the pie from. Now there's a compliment!

1 comment: