Saturday, April 19, 2008

11 Months


Wow! Where has this year gone? Watching R grow is so much fun. I have loved every baby stage. However, I must admit I wish it would slow down and this rapid development makes me nostalgic for baby days and even misty for another. Although, we are definately done at two and I know more than that would be too much for me....it's just the warm fuzzy feeling of babies is all.
R is a boy on the move! The stairs are his favorite to crawl up, down has not been mastered yet, and he gets frustrated/sad when we block the stairs. It's time for the gates! He walks around furniture and crawls everywhere. When the dishwasher opens he races towards it as he likes to "help" me unload.
His gentle, loving soul is so evident...even at 11 months. There's just something about him that is warm and peacemaking. We've had many people comment on this after spending a ltitle time with him. I'm just praying this lasts through the toddler years! R is our more cautious boy. He likes to sit back and take it all in when there is someone new about. Even if this is someone he has met many times before, he just quiets down and watches what is going on. R likes to be close to me and have me in sight. However, when we returned from a week away, I thought he would take flight when he saw his daddy as his little arms were flapping so fast & hard, with this huge grin on his face. Too cute.
We love our "Bup", as W affectionately calls him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh come on, three is the new two!!! How can you resist???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Sweet Peas...3 is the new 2 & 40 is the new 30...and I am entirely to chicken to attempt 3 lest I wreck them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He IS such a calm, peaceful guy with the biggest blue eyes...the countdown is really on now to the big ONE year old!

    ReplyDelete