Thursday, December 29, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

Oh.
Mothering boys. I love them dearly, but really. Who signed me up for this!
Why am I ranting? Well....

Today....after many small challenges, breakages, forgetfulnesses, on their part of course (cause Ha! It's never me. Never the Mom!) ....I sent W to the linen closet for a towel as I was cleaning up a spill in his room.  He did not return.

So, I sent R to "help" him. R did not return.

Off I went. Meeting silence in the laundry room. R standing in the middle and W....

.....well, W was attempting to crawl out of the washing machine.


* * * * * * * 


As W started sliding down the railing on the school steps, I reminded him that he was going to fall on his little noggin. 

Well, it wasn't his noggin that got hurt.

"Owwww!" As he holds his...ahem....private parts.
"I hurt my nuts."|

Gahhh! What?! WHERE did he get that word!

"Uh, W, where did you learn that word? We don't use it. It's just slang and doesn't sound nice."

"Why don't we say "Nuts"? It's the same as penis."

"Uh, no." And then an explanation ensued. By the way, B the D is with us...he's the DAD and a MAN and so why am I giving male anatomy lessons?!

To which W replied, "Well, there feels like there is a ball in my testicles."
Ugh! I give up!


* * * * *
A couple of weeks ago we were visiting dear friends out of town. They too have a funny little man who witnessed a moment when R and I were talking and not communicating well. 

Little Cutie Cornberg....age 5yrs.....tells his mom, 
"That brain surgery didn't work very well, because he's not listening."

Bahahahaha!!!

Now! If that's not the quote of 2011, well, I don't know what is!



2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eye....while laughing that is!! Oh the joys of our little men! Thanks for making my morning!

    ReplyDelete