Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


T'is the weekend of gratitude and feasting here in Canada. Mmmmm....one of my favorite holidays. The kick off to fall, to Halloween, to Christmas planning, a warm and cozy weekend.
What is your favorite way to spend Thanksgiving?
What is your favorite Thanksgiving treat?
What are you grateful for this year? Yes, there is the regular stuff...family, friends, health, etc. But what are you really enjoying or grateful for...is this something out of the ordinary or something that really touches your soul?

Moi?
Well....
In the past, when my dad was alive and the baby girl nieces were babies...they're 14 & 3/4s now!...we would all gather and do something fun....like the Zoo or Heritage Park and of course, there was turkey with all the trimmings, but it was the outside, fun, family time that I really enjoyed.
Treat....I make a mean Sweet Potatoe Surprise...the surprise is that there is cream cheese in it and that I don't eat it, I make it, but don't eat it...weird I know...and am known within my family for M's Sweet Potatoes...there was almost a verbal war last year when a cousin claimed that it was my sister's recipe and the cousin was making it herself...Uh, excuse me??? That is my signature dish!
Gratitude....as always the regular stuff...but my children's health is really hitting home as we are coming up on a year since Bup's last seizure while a little one we love through inter blogging friendship is in the hospital right now to begin recovering from neurosurgery which will
rescue him from Infantile Spasms...it's heart wrenching and I am so grateful for these amazing bodies we have that can heal us and complete amazing, unthinkable feats....I am grateful.
I'm also grateful for caffeine, sleep, jeans that fit my tuckas, sparkly Silpada, the perfect hair product for right now (Chi Organics), a husband that will go to the grocer in the morning when I have forgotten important items while late night shopping the night before (aka the sweet potatoes!) and the Internet. I really love the Internet. Don't you?

Turkey Up!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...my hubby makes a mean turkey! I'm thankful for leftovers, and pumpkin spice at starbucks (in my non-fat steamer), new shampoo (joico silky), tim burton movies, grapefruit shower gel, oatmeal cookies with raspberry filling, new fall scarves, photoshop, and yes, the internet/friends!
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend =)

    ReplyDelete