Monday, October 5, 2009

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight



Slowcooker Hoison Drumsticks.
Sounds tasty? Mmmm...
Although, not if you're my W. He informed me his was yuck and let his dad know the chicken was gross! How's that for an honest review? The broccoli and oven fries were consumed with gusto though so he did not starve.
Thankfully the rest of us do NOT share W's taste. They were good! Very flavorful. Not for those with sensitive taste buds.
If you're interested in the recipe, I adapted Stephanie's Hoison Wings recipe. My substitutions were agave nectar for honey, GFCG liquid Soy Seasoning, and tobasco sauce.
I'm in love with my crockpot...again. Life is just too busy these days and if I don't have dinner planned and on the go by 3pm, it's a bust. The witching hour is from 4pm on at our house and this is my low point of the day. I'm tired! Anyone know of a pick me up I could take to get me through the evening? Caffeine just doesn't but it. Oops...getting off topic!
Which is a good indication that it's time for me to sign off...
oh but wait! Speaking of starving my children....we weighed them yesterday. W = 46lbs and R = 40lbs. Good grief! My cousin wondered if this new Free Eating would give them enough calories....ahhh, hmmmm....there's now worries on that front!
What's your favorite slow cooker recipe? Please share!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...it's not really a slow cooker recipe but it simmers pretty much all day. Homemade chicken noodle soup :o) My fave!
    Cook cubed chicken breasts, saute carrots, celery and onions,dump in a soup pot with some spices and chicken stock and let simmer -or slow cook all day. About thirty minutes before serving I turn it up to high and dump in some bow tie pasta. Relatively easy and way better then Campbell's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby persistantly tells me that our local pizza delivery's is WAY better than my homemade version. I though boys were predisposed to love mommy's cookin'? Oh well...

    Looks yumalish to me!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...yummy chicken...there are some slow cooker recipes in the new Clean Eating. I want to try the carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete