Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hawaii in a Hurry


Tuesday nights tend to be hectic in our household as I have choir practice and last night was no exception. The standard question of the night is, what to make my favorite husband for dinner that doesn't take heaps of time, he'll enjoy and will allow me to get out the door on time? Aha! Hawaii-in-a-Hurry! My first recipe creation. B loved it! He's even happy to have the left-overs for dinner tonight.
Hawaii-in-a-Hurry
1 ham steak (this is the store bought, large, thin variety)
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups instant rice (for the record, I really dislike instant rice, but again...in a hurry!)
1 cup pineapple chunks.
Cut the ham steak into large chunks so that it will fit into the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer ingredients in a casserole dish in the above order. Bake covered @ 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favorite flavors...how could it not be delicious?!

    ReplyDelete