Wednesday, December 19, 2007

More Mom...

She's on the mend. Yay! It's been a stressful 10 days but enlightening and positive as well. My little mom is still in hospital, but if all goes well she'll be out for Christmas. Here's hoping!
Of course, she has a long road of healing ahead of her and there's alot of planning and organization to take place in regards to her being home alone. What she is able to accomplish on her own, what she will need assistance with, the everyday things that we healthy and able people take for granted, but it'll all come together. Also, the next treatment she'll undergo tomorrow should make the world of difference in her energy level. If the transfusion has the desired effect she'll be a new woman within the next few days.
It was a relief to spend time with her this past weekend. Just to see her lightened my heart. Many thanks to my in-laws as they took care of the boys for me while I spent time in the hospital. That was so helpful to me as I couldn't be there otherwise. Plus the boys had a wonderful time at the farm. Especially W who probably wore out his Gram-Oh Doe. She'll need some RnR after three days with W.
Of course, Christmas will be different than we had originally planned. Which is okay. In the big scheme of things, a little change never hurts. Keeps one adaptable and flexible. Really, we have more to celebrate this year. Alot of gratitude to share. And that is an important lesson for me now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment