Thursday, June 26, 2008

One Fell Off & Bumped His Head

One little monkey jumping on the bed, he fell off and bumped his head.
Momma called the doctor and the doctor said...
"Bring him in for stitches"
A clipped blood vessel, two stitches, a lot of blood, crying and yelling, two tongue depressors and a pocket full of ottoscope attachments later and we're home from the clinic. Hopefully, my little W monkey will not attempt jumping on his bed during nap time again.
Does a mother's heart ache for her child as equally strong every time they get hurt? Part of me hopes so, I think it would be sad to become indifferent. I felt so bad for our little man as he was stitched up this afternoon. As the parent we're supposed to protect them and he's just too little to understand that I was doing just that as I let the nurse and doctor complete their tasks. Afterwards as we left the drugstore next door where W was allowed to pick out a "blue juice & chocolate bar", while walking hand in hand with me, he said, "Mommy, I was sad at the Doctors."
"I know you were W...."
"I cried and cried and cried."
"I know. You were very brave."
"Yeah and I got blue juice and a sucker-ball and a chocolate bar."
Ah, all is well in the world when there are treats to be had.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little monkey. At least he's got it all in perspective!
    Maybe he'll have a little matching scar to my guys. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckle every time I think about W's phone call and telling me "I screamed and I screamed!" Someone knows way too much!!!

    ReplyDelete