Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Date - African Children's Choir



Tonight Bup and I enjoyed date night at a performance by the African Children's Choir.
A-mazing!
These little mites can sing and dance like no other!
The stories of life before entering the Children's Choir is one of tragedy and heart break and tenacity and love. Amazing spirit. Amazing survival. Amazing voices.

Only a 3 min film glimpse into their past paths will bring a tear to your eye, gratitude for our life here in peaceful Canada and the desire to do more.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my "good" camera with me so the pics aren't great. The colors are diminished...the effect muted.

Bup was pretty funny. At first he was scared. Scared of the loud singing and drums. He snuggled with his head laying on my shoulder but by the end of the performance he was dancing and clapping...when he wasn't turned around in his chair to show the senior ladies behind us his toy white rat...swinging it by the tail and once in a while dropping it at their feet. Come on he's 2 and a lot...can't just sit and be not heard, right?

1 comment:

  1. ::sigh:: Those beautiful kiddos remind me of why I fell in love with Tanzania...and was crazy enough to want to spend the rest of my life there...

    A beautiful date idea!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete