Monday, November 14, 2011

Dinner Tonight


It's been ages since I posted a recipe.
A Foodie post is not the most exciting topic of all, but goodness knows we all need a little meal inspiration at times. Often, my inspiration comes from other blogs and of course, Pinterest.
Tonight's meal was a Pinterest find which I tweaked to become Gluten Free and Vegan.....cause that's how this howse rolls....as I sit here with a tub of Vanilla Coconut Bliss by my side.
(photo courtesy of Pinterest)




As I mentioned, I was inspired by the pic on Pinterest. It's description included lemon juice and parsley. I couldn't find a recipe on line with these ingredients so the linked one above was close. My changes included balsamic vinegar instead of vermouth, vegan "parmesean", and rice pasta.
The end result was yummers! It was almost a little sweet. And W said it smelled like garlic toast. Mmmmm.....
W and I really enjoyed it and of course, R wouldn't let it cross his lips. That little fella has gotten a bit picky. If it's different he expresses an immediate "I don't like it." And stubborn? Why yes, he is as he won't even give in for a taste.
So, W and I enjoyed this for dinner tonight.
Hope you try it one day too. It's easy and hearty. A nice change from traditional spaghetti with meat sauce.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmm...that looks delish! I don't know how R could resist based on the smell alone. I could gobble up a plateful ;)
    (can you tell I'm hungry?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'll have to try that for sure! My kids seem to have grown completely tired of any kind of red pasta sauce, but they still love pasta. And I love how simple this is.

    ReplyDelete