Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Travel Bug

Several people that I know are either going on or returning from trips abroad or at the very least somewhere warmer, sandier and sunnier than Alberta. At first it did not bother me, but lately it's giving me a tiny feeling of needing to be "leaving on a jet plane". However, satisfaction must come from my trip to Vancouver Island in the fall. Since there is a baby on route, my family and I will not be sunkissed and scented like coconut this winter. It's a strange feeling especially when I realized this is the first time in about 10 years that I've not travelled. Which really is okay as I have been very blessed and will travel again in the next year or so. During my internal travel lament, these pictures came to mind. Probably because I'm pregnant again and was at the time these self portraits were taken. I loved my pregnant beach belly at the time this was taken in St. Lucia and still laugh (sometimes even out loud) when I view this shot. Hope it brings a smile to you too!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent photos!

    I share your wonderlust. I haven't been anywhere FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete