Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Honeymoon Finale

It's over. The honeymoon has ended. This afternoon brought this fact screaming into reality for me as I crouched on the floor with tears threatening to spill as I held tight to a sobbing, angry, sad toddler who wanted to get away from me as he pinched both my arms and then signed and said "Hurt Momma", until he eventually vomitted due to his distress. All because he couldn't go outside.
A couple of hours alone with both my children and this is what takes place. What the hell am I going to do once B returns to work? This no lifting for 6 weeks is absolutely painful....mentally...to both W & me. I feel like I've lost him. In the past 10 days I have only put him down for a nap twice and (both times B had to go in and sing to him in order for him to settle) and got him up in the morning twice (to which W is asking for his Da). B is the bedtime guy, the fun play in the yard guy, the everything guy. And I am the sit and do very little gal. Not being able to carry and lift W is hurtful. Hurts my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs, it sounds rough!
    Sounds like a difficult adjustment for everyone right now. :( Just remember that all those hormones of yours are crashing down too. Can you do something nice to make yourself feel better? Ice cream always works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys have become Daddy's boys too. Nothin' quite like trying to pick one of them up while they holler and kick 'daddy daddy'.
    My mom was telling me that she was in the hospital for 3 weeks before my brother was born, and when she got out I didn't even recognize her. Ouch. Luckily I seem to have gotten over it with no lasting effects. I suspect our boys (and us too) will eventually all recover from this.
    Who knew that having such good daddy's for our boys would cause such a problem??
    It's going to be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words! We'll get there...I'll get there....with my sanity still in tact I hope. It could be worse right? I certainly shan't complain that B is an involved, hands on Dad, that's awesome! Just wish I participated a little more. *sigh*One day soon...

    ReplyDelete