Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Donation Box

This is an email I sent to the coordinator of the Bare Naked Noggins event. She needs to hear the good stuff too!
Hi M,
I just wanted to share an amazing example of support in regards to the Bare Naked Noggins Event.
My brother in law, BW, portrays this image of being a bit gruff and a "man's man", but he's really a softie and all heart. Here's why. He works in the oil field as a company man...kinda the boss of the whole rig, if you're not familiar with rig life. Anyway, my husband B was on site working tonight, and in BW's office was this box. The outside of it was labelled "GIVE OR GET OUT" and taped to the desk beside the donation box was a print out of my BNN profile!!! I am just happily stunned and so proud of my brother in law. His support has been tremendous, he loves his nephew without a doubt, but he's really gone above and beyond to help me in my fundraising efforts.
I hope this little story, makes you smile on this snowy, Monday.
One more week to go...wuhoo!
M

4 comments:

  1. Awww! That is so sweet! Once in a while we are reminded that those big gruff guys are really just big marshmallows on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those big guys don't fool me! What a great support and a great uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...it's always sweetest when it's given w/o the asking part huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A special fella/uncle that's for sure. And now he's famous!
    The BNN coordinator forwarded this little story to all the media and other's who are covering the BNN...like Jebb Fink, Jack FM, CTV, Herald, Sun,etc etc. It's so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete