Monday, December 15, 2008

Epilepsy Fundrasier - BNN - Bald is Beautiful?












We did it!! Wuhoo! 17 heads of hair and $20 000 dollars later and hopefully people are talking about Epilepsy...coming out of the cold & dark. Sharing, learning and building each other up.

What a fun day! It really was super. Bup was such a trooper spending the lunch hour(s) in a public crowd and not being able to run loose. He amused himself by making funny faces at strangers, and tapping them on the shoulders and trying to eat one bystander's pretzels!



The Shave....well, I was worried that I would get emotional and cry on stage when explaining why I am doing this, but with R in my arms and the smiling faces of my husband and friends in the crowd, I found a strength and calm. Whew! Although, while waiting at the bottom of the stage I was feeling a tad nervous, like I could faint any minute now...come on get this over with! Alas there was no fainting, no tears, just lots of smiles. It was an interesting feeling having all my locks shorn off...by a professional lacrosse cheerleader (I kid you not!), in public, and the razor getting hot on my scalp.....and now it just feels like when you're walking around in the cool air with a wet head. To touch it....feels like the poky side of Velcro!

The whole point.....is to get people talking and more aware of Epilepsy, to financially enhance the education programs at Epilepsy Calgary and we did just that. I'm so excited and hope that the funds raised will go far in enlightening all of us to the world of epilepsy. One more step in eliminating the stigma that goes with seizures.

So, wuhoo to all of YOU who helped with this. And all of you who supported me or other participants whether emotionally or financially....YOU did this so many heartfelt thanks to you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. You're so beautiful!
    Before and after...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are FABULOUS! I was thinking about you yesterday wondering how everything went - thanks for posting pictures - I was totally there in SPIRIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. I thought I was # 1 MOM, but now I know and love the gal who has upped me!!!

    ReplyDelete