Monday, August 17, 2009

Coconut Salmon on Rice

The trial of the Elimination Diet was one of a little effort and great results. There were definite days that were easier than others, but the information we learned was well worth the creative effort....and pain of the sugar-day!
W reacts strongly to sugar, dyes, preservatives, wheat and dairy. The behavior difference is incredible and undeniable. We're onto something here!
This new way of eating really causes a person to be creative, to plan ahead and to cook from scratch...often. I'm still searching for a good wheat free bread recipe. Know of any? There's got to be one! Plus, spending up to $7.50 for a loaf of rice bread? Not in this house. It's rice cakes all around!
Tonight we enjoyed this gluten free meal. I tweaked the original recipe a little and it all worked out smashingly. W who does not like to try new foods, was forced to try a forkful with squinted eyes, and turned up nose only to respond, "Mmmm! Good!!"
Coconut Salmon on Rice. My tweaking included Stevia (no sugar), double the ginger (no lemon grass or galangal), grated carrots (no corn), powdered ginger (2 tsp) and ground coriander-1/2 tsp. It's delish!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a fantastic job Mrs. M...I'm feeling inspired to get more healthy eating over here too.
    I've never thought of these two flavors together (salmon and coconut) but I'm going to have to give it a try. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to keep a food journal for my son and figured out he reacted to sugar, dyes and preservatives as well. But I have not kept up the food journaling, sadly. But wheat and dairy? hmmm. I did not think about that. I still feel like there are some food issues some days (like today). I'll have to get back at it. Thanks for giving me an idea of where to start!

    ReplyDelete