Thursday, August 6, 2009

Driving Mr. W

Travelling with the boys is so unlike Driving Miss Daisy.
Yesterday, amidst the rain, we hit the highway to play at a fun indoor playground in a neighboring town. While driving, W informed me that...
"Mommy?"
"Yes, W?"
"I don't say "What the heck!" to you. Only to B because he thinks it's funny."
"Yes. W. Mommy doesn't like WTH."
"Mommy?"
"Yes, W?"
"I only say, "Sonofa!" with B too. He says it and I only say it with him."
Ahhh! "Mommy really doesn't like that one too. Daddy shouldn't say it either. Thank you for NOT saying it W."
"No. I ONLY say SONOFA with B. Only with B."

ahhhhhh.

So later we relayed this conversation to B who promptly told W that he had made a mistake and should not have said sonofa and that Mommy gave him big trouble for two days for saying that, to which W replied,
"Yes. It's a mistake when I say SONOFA too!"

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's funny! Little sponges...and yes, sometimes Daddies need to be reminded - ha! At our house too.
    YOu have to give W a of credit for being so perceptive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had company over a few weeks ago and JT actually said the eff word.

    I was floored, I think my jaw did indeed hit the floor too.

    The boys have obviously heard these rude words in passing but have never repeated them. Especially the eff word.

    He said it intentionally and for the shock factor which he definitely received from everyone who heard him.

    So, I did something I always said I would never do and washed his mouth out with soap.

    Which then made him puke, which then made me wash the bathroom floor, toilet, sink and walls.

    I don't think I used a great approach to dealing with it and that was someone's way of making me realize it.

    Why don't kids come with manuals???

    ReplyDelete
  3. We laugh at alot of the stuff the kids say - all seems cute at the moment - but -
    Mr W standing on a ladder in our trailer saying
    "You are not suppose to say f_rt." Gram - "yeah OK"
    W - "You say TOOT - not _art - right Gram?"
    G - "Alright , already"
    W - "Far_ is not a good word"
    HOW DO I END THIS CONVERSATION?
    Another conversation -
    W - "Have you got a baby in your tummy Gram?"
    Gram thinks it is time to go on a diet!!!
    W - "Do you have cheezies for me Gram?"
    G - "Can you eat cheezies?"
    W - "My mom says NO - but you would let me - right?"
    G - "I guess we better go by mom's rules"
    W - "OK then"
    Gotta love what comes out of the mouths of babes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think it's super cute when they say naughty things...

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls new excuse for saying not so nice things is that they were actually saying them to the doll or the book or whatever inanimate object is close by... yikes.

    ReplyDelete