Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Damage

As B & I were tidying up the toys in Man's World, W & R were sitting on the upper level of stairs having a time-out for their behavior. What did we hear?

W: Do you want to do damage, Bup?
R: Yum.
W: Yeah! Let's do damage!

Exactly, what is damage?

Is it when a 4 yr old & 2 yr old take the salt & pepper shakers and drain them onto the couch, kitchen floor and top of the roll top desk? This is what took place while FH & I were cleaning Man's World. This is why the two of them were having a time-out at the same time.
Or is it when....
-the battery operated quad is submerged in the pool and then attempted to ride it there?
-the half loaf of home made rice bread is crumbled from the fireplace to the kitchen counters and back again several times.?No, we had not read Hansel & Gretel!
- the eldest child escapes to the backyard naked, yet again?
- the two of them escape from the yard completely and are found, after much panic, in the car?!
- toddler hieroglyphics are found up the stairway, on a blue bedroom wall, and behind the toddler's ear?
- one boy is emptying the pepper shaker so the older boy decides to join him with the salt shaker?
- one boy confiscates his mother's wrinkle repair serum from the vanity and the other child tries to feed it to her while she is sleeping?!
Where is the parental supervision during all this damage? The supervisors were tidying up their toys. Sweeping & vacuuming the bread. Rescuing the quad from the pool. Chasing Master Nudist down for clothes.

Consequences? you ask.
No TV. Ever! Not even "16 minutes".
(Whose being punished....children or parents?)

*By the way, all of the above took place in less than 24 hrs and no children were harmed in the creation of "damage"....only the parents.*

2 comments:

  1. They really are masters of intrique and mystery. Especially when they start working together. It's like two (or three) minds totally focused on getting past mom and dad. There's no force like it. Like Twister!!
    In my case think I need to learn some ninja mind tricks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog thanks to a friend and I love it! Wow boys are busy. I'm glad not both my kids are boys, I don't know that I could take it, lol.

    I noticed on a newer post, you said you have a child dealing with ADHD. My son has food sensitivities that make it seem like he has it. And like you, I'm into clean eating... well, it's still a work in progress anyways.

    I'm definately going to be a regular reader on your blog. I love it already!

    ReplyDelete