Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tuberous Sclerosis Update

As I write this my Favorite Husband is undergoing an MRI to determine if there is any evidence of TSC within his brain. He has no symptoms but maybe there are features. My MRI was completed last weekend. While lying in the chamber I thought about our boys going through this exam and how thankfully they were "asleep" as it's so very, very LOUD and enclosed and scary to a child. These MRIs are a part of the genetic testing process to see where the TSC comes from....if anywhere....maybe it's a mutation of genes, but it really doesn't matter where the TSC originated from. It's a moot point.
It's hard to believe that it'll soon be one year since the diagnosis of TSC for Bup. When I watch our robust 2 yr old march around the house, playing, singing to himself, etc it's almost hard to believe there is a condition affecting him. But then we administer meds, and it all comes back that tumors and seizures exist, however dormant they may be. Wuhoo!
We are eternally grateful to have such a healthy little man. Healthy 'n happy, marching about in his diaper, yelling goodness knows what while golfing inside. It's a boys world in our household. A boy's world with one of the cutest little blue-eyed boys I've ever seen!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy Bup is relishing fully in boyhood! It's a beautiful thing. I thought that to my very self as I watched Toby pitch the win at his AllStar game tonight! I love mommy-hood. It suits me.

    But I also felt deeply...how for us mommies it's not quite so easy to bask. And relish. As we give meds. And remember...

    I read a line recently that struck my heart chord...

    With epilepsy...hope can be so fragile.

    And that's the black n' white truth.

    But I want for you...and me...that we keep relishing as much of our boys boyhood as our hearts will allow!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it hasn't been easy Mrs. M, but he's doing so wonderfully well. He's just as saucy and bossy and sweet as another two year old I know...

    ReplyDelete