Thursday, August 20, 2009

Recipes -GFCF, SF, DFPF

Just a heads up that I'll be posting recipes on a regular basis. For those that are interested in Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dye Free, Preservative Free & Dairy Free eating. Clean, clean...squeeky!
It's taken a bit of super sleuthing to find tasty recipes, so I hope sharing what our family enjoys will make it a little easier for someone else who is eating the GFCF way.
A tip I received tonight is to check out the SDA bookmobile! Why I never thought of checking into Seventh Day Adventist websites etc? Of course! This group of people truly take clean eating to a higher level so will have a wealth of information to share. In fact tonight I tasted the best cookies made only from ground cashews, lemon zest and coconut. As well as Carob Haystacks. Mmmmm...every childhood should include Haystacks!
Carob & Coconut Haystacks
1/2 cup carob powder
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
3/4 cup coconut oil (sometimes called coconut butter)
1/2 cup agave nectar
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the carob powder & shredded coconut. Mix well. Add the coconut oil & agave nectar. Mix well. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop into approximately 16 mounds. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving. The Haystacks can be stored in the freezer.

AND...
many thanks to my friend, Miss Moe, who kindly shared her bread machine with me today in which I made a kick-butt loaf of rice bread, which my bread-lovin'-hubby gives the thumbs up! I guess he won't have to keep contraband bread at work now!
Miss Moe also tipped me as to this website which has some helpful GF recipes. Yay!

AND...last night my friend since conception who now lives in LA...her mother called with a bread recipe that her celiac friend swears by.

Now, isn't that amazing! One little sentence of requesting a GF bread recipe, and I had a plethora of help. That's what I call friends & an example of a "village to raise a child" & to raise the mother too! Thanks to all my friends sharing their knowledge, my family won't starve. Wuhoo!

3 comments:

  1. I'm howling, you should have sent the contraband cookies with said husband too. Contraband bread, what must the guys at work think?

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some peeps who would enjoy the recipes!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete