Sunday, August 16, 2009

LG - Life is Good

Another week of camping behind us. What a great summer!
The boys did great. Of course, it wasn't all smooth. There were moments of me telling my FH that if things don't change W and I are going home on Friday and he & Bup can continue just the two of them for the weekend. But then, the bedtime challenges were ironed out and we all continued on together......
only to be hit by a MONSOON! In the middle of desert prairie Alberta. Come on! I'm serious here. Monsoon. Rain, wind and more rain'n'wind is not conducive to happy camping. Thank goodness for power sites and a portable DVD player.
W attended "Church Camp" in the mornings and after the fright of the first day...the unexpected....he did super! Made friends, was thrilled with the daily snacks, eager to show his crafts and advised me that, "God is a very nice man." So, VBS was a success.
This past week, my FH was not on vacation. Just the boys and I, however he was able to commute to work from our site which was a wonderful bonus. Having him "home" within in 15 min....well, giddy-up! I could get used to that. Although I wouldn't trade that for the convenience of a shower and flush toilets. I'm too vain and citified.
Saturday at our second location, allowed us to attend one of the most stress-free and heartfelt weddings I have ever witnessed. The only wedding where people wore rain-boots...re: monsoon & outdoor tents....and the cake was a rice crispie cake with a topper of the bride dragging the groom by his ankle....so funny! I was blessed with the title of official photographer and florist. Which was a bit of a surprise, but it all went well. Talk about wearing many hats!
It's been an eventful, outdoorsy week which has given me a little more faith in my ability to handle a family while camping... somewhat on my own....and also the complete pleasure in my own shower and clean feet.
Oh. Life is good. Very, very good.
*a few pictures to follow...but there's a diaper that needs my attention right now!*

No comments:

Post a Comment