Friday, September 29, 2006

Autumn Bounty


Yum! We all thoroughly enjoyed this for dinner earlier this week.
Pumpkin Vegetable Stew
4 cups cubed peeled pumpkin (I heated the whole pumpkin in the microwave before removing the seeds & peeling...it's easier that way)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups fresh/frozen cut green beans (1 in pieces)
1 cup fresh/frozen corn
1/2 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth (I used the stuff made from a package...where you add water)
1 garlic clove minced (only a toe for us!)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a large saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 40-45 min or until veggies are tender. OR you can throw it all in the slowcooker...that worked wonders....low setting for 3-4 hrs. YUM!



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE pumpkin season! I've been making muffins and smoothies. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin smoothies! Mmmmm...I need to learn how to make those.
    Remember the pumpkin pudding you made for us a few years back...superyum!
    I should share my pumpkin ice cream recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkinfest!

    I LOVE pumpkin ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove that picture! Well done.

    ReplyDelete