Friday, September 15, 2006

Follicle Chronicle


For myself....I am a lover of
big-hair. This is a direct result of my 80's days and the fact that I have naturally curly hair. Why fight it? Work with what you've got, right? Lately, of course, I lost my head and cut my hair super short and have since decided to grow it out. This will take light years!
Recently I attended a public event and while waiting for it to begin, noticed three men of varying ages (all under 45yrs) sitting ahead of me. All had rather large bald spots. Well...two were much more than "spots". More like bald prairie pastures with a fringe of quack grass growing around the edges. Obviously the sun had been out earlier as one fella's fringe was white & a little long. The other two were trimmed neatly and reddish. Now, my fella could join this trio, but thankfully he knows that bald is beautiful, bald is strength and "chicks dig it". For this I am grateful. But I have to chuckle to myself and wonder what is the trio holding onto? Youth? Who are the fooling? Themselves? And one more thing....thank goodness combovers are a thing of the past!

1 comment:

  1. You can do anything with your lovely locks. I think your short 'do' is very chic =)

    ReplyDelete