Thursday, September 7, 2006

Fall Into New




September means a fresh start. Obviously due to years of school in which Sept felt like the "new year" not January. So in honor of learning and higher education, these are some of the things I have begun.
Chorale Group - don't you just love to sing? It's even fun to hone this craft with a group of like minded song birds so I have joined a four part harmony choir. Yay!
Knitting - okay, stop laughing. I found this Simple Knits with a Twist and instantly knew I could reteach myself the lost art from my grade seven Home Ec days. Hopefully these projects will turn out better than that burgundy scarf. Knitting with ribbon and wire just seems really cool to me. Plus there's Blankets For Canada too. A good cause & easy to assit. www.blankets4canada.ca
Henna - still learning this lovely art. My goal is to practice prenatal henna. So if you know of any preganant ladies who wouldn't mind a beginner practicing on their lovely baby bellies.... (The pic above is of my belly taken 1 week before W was born)
Flute - for some reason I decided that it would be neat to play the flute. At the moment I am in search of a pre-owned flute to make my own...and then find an instructor...or become self-taught. Anything is possible right?
Are you beginning anything new this month? Revisiting an old interest? Do tell!

3 comments:

  1. I think I shall have to wait until we move to get into anything but I'd like to take drumming and cuban dancing!

    Be sure to keep me posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuban dancing? That sounds interesting. Where would you take these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect it's just a type of latin dancing...Verbosity and I just watched Dirty Dancing 2, Havana Nights... Everybody salsa!

    ReplyDelete