Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Food Folies


What do you feed your family?

It is much too easy for me to get in a food funk....serving the same dishes over and over again. There are days that W stumps me as he refuses (rather like spitting...) his favorite meals and treats. For instance he has now decided that the skin on grapes is not worth eating which results in either a staunch refusal to have a grape pass his lips, or he'll chew it then give me the remains with an adamant "Oh no!". Sweet Potatoes and Carrots have now joined the ranks of grapes.

Today I created a smoothie of sorts at an attempt to increase his fruit consumption and purchased "No Nut Butter" as an alternative to peanut butter (although it has icing sugar and hydrogenated oil in the ingredients so I'm undecided about offering it...).

As the picture indicates grocery shopping for W is more about sampling than choice. Staff at RCSS must wonder if there is some strange modern day Hansel & Gretel about as we left behind a trail of cucumber peel throughout the produce section. At least he was happy and seated in the cart....two positive feats in and of themselves.

What do you feed your family? Besides the plastic wrap on Long English Cucumbers like I do.

2 comments:

  1. That picture is funny...and familiar. I also feed my kids banana with the peels on. They will chew right through them at the store.

    The Bee went shopping with Daddy one time, and Daddy filled his pockets with grapes. Another good habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!
    It's always an adventure.

    ReplyDelete