Friday, February 2, 2007

Guilty Confessions

As much as I hate this characteristic & hate to do so, I must be honest & admit that I can be judgemental of others. It seems this negative attitude is sometimes directed towards those that I secretly envy. Like the "done", pulled together, Martha Stewart mom's. You know the ones...with their hair done, makeup on, trendy attire, organized home & social life, seeminly well adjusted children, etc. Everything I have made fun of yet secretly yearn for.
How do they do it? I feel too tired most of the time and have a "don't give a damn" or "that'll do" attitude. For example...a hair band hair style (it's really NOT fashionable yet I attempt to pull it off often)... make up? well my husband recently asked if I wear eye makeup so that explains that...thankfully I haven't started wearing sweat pants in public yet & I don't mean the stylish yoga pants but the drawstring waisted, elastic ankle grey sweats that say something like "You Can't Touch This" across the butt....shoes, I used to love shoes and all were heels, 3in average, now it's anything flat...I was an acrylic nail gal & loved them....used to tan & loved that too....wore pretty bras (nursing bras are anything but!)...and had a mountain of clothes...
Now, I've become one of THEM. The wives/mothers I condemned. Those that "let themselves go". And though a part of me would love to look lovely, I've come to the conclusion that it takes work...it's takes getting up an hour before my little fella rises (which means 5am) to shower, groom and primp....and the most obvious conclusion is that I'm too damn lazy.
"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned" (and keep on sinning!)

1 comment:

  1. *sigh*
    I feel your pain. Being pregnant and having a little one doesn't leave much time or energy. I used to have all the time in the world to myself, but that is no longer reality. I think (hope) it gets easier at they get older...??!

    ReplyDelete