Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conversations with W


As mentioned previously, our W is a talker and his speech becomes more clear and interesting daily. Here is a snippet of some chats with W. They always prove to be interesting.

"Oh! I burped."(Ah, this means he's passed gas)
"Excuse me.I smell poop."
This conversation took place at 3am when I was desperately trying to get him to sleep. If it wasn't so frustrating because of the time and that we had been up since midnight, it would have been hilarious at the time.

"Mommy, you have lots of dark hair."
"Daddy got bald on top. He has hair on backwards! He's silly!"

"Mommy you have baby in your tummy."
"Not anymore W, you were in my tummy & now you're out."
"Oh yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I was!"

And then there was the afternoon when W was supposed to be napping. I could hear him talking & a little thumping in his room. Upon peeking in, the scene showed W sitting in a little yellow chair at his table with Lucy, the giant stuffed dog, sitting at the other. Upon opening the door, W exclaims in a happy, happy voice, "Hi!. Lucy is eating bones & water". It was too cute & sweet for me to be stern. So, we discussed Lucy's meal as I re-tucked him into bed. After all, an imagination is a wonderful thing and sometimes a mom just needs to enjoy their children's childhood antics.

And there's many more conversations that surprise me and bring smiles to my heart, but at the moment they escape me. Documenting these better will be a goal & way to savour W's childhood.

2 comments:

  1. He is TOO funny!
    The things he says crack me up. I still think he's ahead of my guys in vocab. Maybe because they spend more time chattering to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is just the beginning of laughter and being slightly mortified by the things he says.
    Today he's walking around with a little stuffed duck under his shirt..."I have a baby in my tummy. He's having milk."

    ReplyDelete