Saturday, May 24, 2008

Creative Processes

What is on your creativity plate as of late?
I once commented to a friend that I felt like doing something creative...would she be up for that and her response was something like..."Well I'm pregnant...with twins! How's that for creative?!" lol
No we're not pregnant.
Okay, back to the topic at hand.
What's on your creative plate?
Moi?
Well! This week I received by mail a lovely little pattern for a sweet apron & am looking forward to creating it. It appears that all people in the workforce have some sort of uniform....that may come in the form of a suit, coveralls or lovely fast food attire,etc. Why not a SAHM uniform if you will that does not include dirty shirts covered in all sorts of goo? So, aprons will be IT at the H residence. Flirty little functional aprons, not of the French version. Miss Emmeline will be gracing my work attire one day soon.
Then there's the knitting. Currently I am working on a soft, red poncho for a friend who is moving out of province. This is the knits-up-slow poncho which is too bad as I really enjoy the knits-up-fast anything. Ah well...it will be lovely...eventually.
And guess what else arrived this week? Creative Family courtesy of Soule Mama. Wonderful, inspiring fun book. The birthday banners are the first on my list....I think.
Which inspired me to think about creating a song book for each of my boys. We sing alot. Before bed, around the house, while driving etc. Wouldn't it be fun to have a book of these songs, even if just for posterity's sake? But if it had song themed pictures that were child appropriate, wouldn't the boys just love them? So that's my plan and on my list as well.
That's it.
For now.
Let's just hope for creative accomplishments since the juices are flowing. How about you? What's going on in regards to thoughts of creation?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are bursting with creativity!
    I thought that book looked like fun, and I LOVE that apron style. It would be so pretty to wear.

    I just made a tutu for the baby girl. It's so cute and super easy. I'll do a post later. Ya know, just in case you need one too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tutu! Oh, help me! That'll be so so so cute!!
    B would KILL me if I made one for my littles! Maybe another little girl somewhere else though....
    We're onto homemade storage boxes....covering diaper boxes in "maktak"...so that W has specific boxes for his things....right now he's loving his "vehicle box".

    ReplyDelete