Monday, May 26, 2008

Pampered Bottoms

Little baby bottoms. They've got to be the cutest & most sensitive. So, with the effort to keep them fresh and excema free I have begun making baby wipes. It's inexpensive and easy, easy, easy. A neighbor friend, Mrs. Smith, shared her recipe with me and she swears by them...that her girls have never, ever had a diaper rash. Well, it's worth a try right?
Here's the recipe I used today although you could make them even more skin friendly by using a natural oil, such as sweet almond or olive oil and maybe Castille's soap instead of baby shampoo, or a more natural brand of baby shampoo at any rate.

Homemade Baby Wipes
2 Cups boiling water
1 TBsp baby oil
1 TBsp baby shampoo
1 roll quality paper towels (It's Bounty in our house)
Folger's coffee container, not the tall one or I have a Tupperware canister that works fabulously.
Mix together the liquids. Cut paper towel roll in half. Only use one 1/2 so you'll have another for future use. Place 1/2 paper towel in container and pour mixture over top. Now pull the cardboard center from the roll. It'll be hot from the boiling water so be careful, however it will remove easily.
Seal and use.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a segment one time with someone from Community Foods about baby wipes too.
    I don't remember everything they used, but some essential oils and calendula I think...they also used diaper liners as a wipe, but paper towels are even easier.

    I should get my own butt in gear and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super easy.
    Diaper liners would work too, but papertowels are in stock in my house, liners aren't. Calendula is a great idea too & I know I have a bottle of that!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete