Saturday, August 9, 2008

F!*$#!K

Was it inevitable? Cursing.
Children pick up and retain more than we know. Arial ears.
It's evident by their rapid growth and knowledge which surprises us and makes our hearts smile, at the best of times.
Last weekend's new language development was more of a heart-stopper. Our chins fell to the floor as we realized how W's vocabulary has grown. And last night I was shocked again as I heard W using this word, the forbidden word, while he was quietly watching TV, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"...an innocent, child friendly movie...and then the F-word pops out of his mouth, in a low, adamant tone. F&*!K, F&*!k, etc, etc (Aaaahhhh!)
"Where did you hear that word W?" his dad calmly asks while we're driving in the truck and W is repeating this word over and over and over again.
"The splash park."

There will be no splashing for the rest of the summer!

4 comments:

  1. Um ya, so my hubby informed me that my son also used that expletive the other day. Only I know exactly where he got it. DADDY.
    'F*#$ing van'
    Nice work daddy.
    Too bad about the splash park...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well at least our boys can hang out together and we won't have to worry about one influencing the other....they're both on the same page.

    My FH brought the Fbomb home from his FIRST day of kindergarten!

    What's a mom to do?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other day I heard E call Z a F*%$ing Jew. Then I heard it again. Now ladies where in the world did she get that one??? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!Mrs. Sweet Peas E topped them all. That one's a show-stopper.
    Makes a mom want to lock them up and homeschool so they don't learn all the bad stuff. Not realistic, but appealing at times.

    ReplyDelete