Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week in Review



Having my favorite husband home for the week has been wonderful but has really cut down on my blogging time!:)

We tried to make the week special for the boys so there was an outing a day.

Mon - Drumheller, helicopter ride and Reptile World where W held a python around his neck, and was not one bit scared, but I was while he was squishing her belly and she started licking him! Ugh! Pics to follow, we had to rely on Uncle J as the photographer as I was too busy trying to keep W from either taking Brittany the snake home or dropping her on the floor when he had had enough! R did not hold the snake. Thank goodness.
Tues - Rainy day play at the Urban Treehouse. Fabulous Fun!
Wed - Zoo Day - R loves to point & chat at the animals as much as W does. W's highlight was watching the elephant poop. Yup. We're all about bathroom events.
Thurs - A train adventure to Riley Park. The boys loved the train and were so well behaved. Wuhoo!! Of course, a new playground is always a plus too.
Fri - Swimming with Dad. Mom needed a rest!
Sat - Gardening. Mulching. Vales Greenhouse. "I'm a garderner boy!" W would exclaim has he weilded the rake like a weapon while R made a break for it, toddling to the neighbors where he chats with the lion statues at the base of their stairs.
Today - dinner at Auntie Nut's with a cousin from out of town. Just a small group, 13 kids and 5 adults; three families.

And the highlight for me this week? NO doctor's appointments, home with my favorite husband, and shopping with my sister sans enfants!

1 comment:

  1. What an action-packed week! It's so nice to have Daddy around with an extra pair of hands and some help for mom. I love your adventures.
    Helicopters and reptiles and trains...oh my!
    Good grief with the snakes though - AH!!
    Awesome boy/family fun.

    ReplyDelete