Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mehndi


I love henna. I love the art of it. The creativity. It's an art form that in it's very basic form is talented doodling. I love how the color can be so vibrant or subtle. Even the feel & smell of the process is enjoyable to me.

The gal that henna'd my pregnant belly before W was born is in Calgary this week for the Tattoo Festival Sept 1, 2, & 3. So if you've nothing to do, check it out! There's much to see; tattoos, henna or just attend as a people watching even! That's always interesting.






6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty belly!
    (mine was never so nice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was! It was lovely & I am still amazed it was both times, but especially when there were two babes inside!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant both times so LITTLE not amazed that it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I make it to Calgary before the baby makes it out you are so hennaing my tummy.

    Also future mom's night out plan: we should get together and do each other's hands or feet. I love it too and it is a lot harder to do on yourself than to do on anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Sweetpeas, you are so on! It's a date...or two or three!
    Wuhoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sensational idea! I henna'd my hand once in Mombassa, Kenya...and have since sworn if I ever get over my fear of pain (or they make a tat-epidural?!) I'll have some permanant done! But either way...you've the cutest preggy belly I've ever seen!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete