Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mini-teen's Weekend Quotes ala W

"Bup, you're killing me, Bup!"
Exclaimed while riding in the truck, adamantly wanting a toy that W's baby brother had. Uh, the toy is a plastic beetle bug in a crate. Really....that kind of dramatics over a dung beetle?!

"Go Away! Leave my alone."
Slightly muffled by the blankets over his head. Trying to get the boy out of bed on Saturday morning. Since when does he sleep in ? Never! And when did he become a teenager?

"Bup smells poop"
I hear this one daily now. It's still slightly humorus. My poor Bup...blaimed for everything.

Signing milk. " I want some milk. I want some ice water Mommy."
Uh, yeah, ice water. That'll do. Because I'm not nursing you. Mr. Almost Three with a mouth full of teeth!

"I'm big. I'm almost three. Then six."
Stock answer to, "How are you W?"

"M, I need the door open. M, I need...."
Hello! Why is the mini teenager/toddler calling me by my first name? Lately, it's only when he's hurt or sad or super tired that he calls me Mommy. Apparently, it's tres cool for toddlers/preschoolers to call their momma's by their given name.

"Bup, stop yelling Bup. Be quiet and look out your window. He's not talking, he's dut-dutting!"
"Bup, don't look in my eyes. Don't look my eyes!"
Apparently R needs to keep his mouth shut and eyes diverted to the window while riding in the vehicle with his older brother.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds way way too much like me household. E went through that thing of calling me by my first name a lot but it passed. Though now they think we should name the baby my name. We are getting a lot of the "I don't want my sister in my room/watching tv/listening to the story/getting a cuddle/sharing my bath.... ah I have to say it is incredibly annoying to try and please two individuals in two completely opposite ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...Mrs. Sweet Peas, I think it's hilarious & too cute that they want to name the babe your name!
    One day I hope they're all happy to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to have a wee lad, using teenage phrases, that is so polite too. Ilove to hear "Are you OK Gramps?" or Open door, PLEASE", or "I sorry Gram". Gotta luv that guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure my kids don't even know I have a name let alone what it is. He's so funny. You're a great story teller =)

    ReplyDelete